Sunday 11 January 2015

Summer Essentials + Favourites



Summer Essentials

Summer is here and I am so excited to wear a whole lot less makeup! I love makeup of course, but the heavy feeling of makeup is not my favourite thing. I'd much rather tanned fresh beach clean skin and minimal makeup! Here's a little list of all my favourite things makeup and other things to use in the summer



Probably my favourite foundation all year round, it is super light, thin and weightless and I love it. I don't really ever need much coverage at all, just a bit on my cheeks to deepen them and this is the perfect natural shade for me. Doesn't feel like I have any foundation on which during summer, I adore!


Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara  - $19.95 (Priceline)

Still my holy grail mascara, I've said so much about this already but basically it gives you long, wispy and black lashes that stays on even when you swim (which obviously happens a lot during summer). FAVOURITE.


Australis Make-Up Finishing Spritz - $14.95 (Priceline)

I know that this is probably just rose scented water, but it is so refreshing to spray on your face to refresh your makeup. It cools you down and just makes you feel fresh and less dry without smudging all your makeup off. Definitely recommend for a cheaper alternative to finishing mists :)


NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny - $4.30 (Beauty Joint)

In summer time I move to warmer toned bronzers (rather than cool toned in winter). I feel it just looks more summery and this is the perfect sunkissed bronzer! Not too orange like a lot of other warm bronzers, and its matte! I'm not the biggest fan of shimmer in my bronzer so this is perfect for me! Very smooth and glides on effortlessly - and also ridiculously dirt cheap.


Bondi Sands Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk - $17.99 (Priceline)

A bit of this stuff everyday gives you a subtle glow to help enhance your tan and it's super light and doesn't give you massive streaks. It also smells like cocoa butter and is not a horrible orange colour! Perfect for the summertime all over your body and even a couple of dabs on your face.


Reef Deep Sun Tan Coconut Oil SPF6 - $11.99 (Priceline)

Probably not the best product for your skin, but I just use a little bit on the areas the sun takes a while to tan such as my legs, arms and chest. The rest of my body (especially my forehead, nose, undereyes, cheeks, shoulders and lower back) are covered in the highest SPF sunblock! The tanning oil smells like coconut and is soo delicious and feels amazing on your skin. Obviously if you are prone to burning DO NOT USE THIS.


Lush Celebrate Body Lotion - $28.95 (Lush)

I know this is more of a winter product because it's quite a heavy moisturiser but I am just so in love with it I know I will use it in the summer as well. It smells like citrus and bubblegum and lollies and sweet goodness, and leaves your skin so soft and hydrated! It's a limited edition Lush Holiday product so get it ASAP! It's also 50% off right now so stock up!



And that's all! Will do a new post soon, just been super busy during christmas time. But hope this was helpful <3 Message me any requests!
Love yall

Love always,

- b xx