Monday 24 November 2014

Happy Birthday To Me!



Birthday Collective Haul 

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago (Nov 6) and I was super busy with finals at uni so I didn't get to post this, but I did some birthday shopping for myself! I got a bunch of things from Mecca Maxima, MAC + a few Lime Crime that I've been wanting for a lonnnnggg time and had a huge impulse shopping spree!


Firstly, can we all just appreciate the Too Faced packaging??! I am definitely a sucker for packaging, pretty much anything that just looks pretty can easily be sold to me. BUT they aren't just all pretty, they are amazing quality and are so buttery and pigmented!
I haven't tested a lot of it yet but when I do, I will obviously do reviews on everything!

From Mecca Maxima

  • Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer 
  • Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer 
  • Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer 
  • Better Than Sex Mascara 



Too Faced Sugar + Spice Palette - $52

Too Faced Everything Nice Palette - $74

From MAC:

Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre - $35

Lipsticks in:

  • Rebel - $36 
  • Brave - $36
  • Tribalist - $38
  • Salon Rouge - $38
From Lime Crime

Lipsticks $22 in: 
  • Centrifuchsia 
  • Chinchilla 
  • Poisonberry 
Velvetines in: (I got it in a set from the linked website for $42 for both) 
  • Utopia 
  • Pink Velvet 


Too Faced Everything Nice Palette 

HOW PRETTY IS IT!!!!!!! When I was younger, I was obsessed with Felicity Wishes and this reminds me of it and it's just so pretty it makes me cry. 
The palette has TWENTY eyeshadow shades ranging from light to dark, neutrals to brights and mattes to shimmers! It also comes with 2 blushes, my favourite chocolate soleil bronzer and inner light highlighter! AND it comes with a brush similar to the NARS ITA contour brush, a shader brush and an angled tiny brush perfect for brows! And to top it off, it comes with a mini better than sex mascara (I now own 4 of these as it comes in all the sets) all complete with a pretty sparkly pink makeup bag. 
All of this is only $74 which I think is ridiculously good value, considering how much is actually in it comparing it to the UD Nakeds which only have 12 shades and price about $89 in Australia.
Can't wait to use this little angel all the time! 


Too Faced Sugar & Spice Palette 

I saw the colours in this and fell in love and thought WHY NOT. It comes with 12 beautiful neutral shades and of course the cutest packaging is what made the final decision! It also comes with the same mascara and also a mini makeup bag in a gorgeous gold! Again, for only $52, it is sooo decent! 


I got a bunch of lipsticks from MAC, including 2 limited edition ones because again LOOK AT THAT CUTE PACKAGING. I love my darker colours including deep reds and dark plumy purpley colours. I also got some Lime Crime from Princess Polly on Pitt St which I am lovvving. Not so sure about chinchilla because it's quite pale and I look pretty awful with pale shades but im still figuring out a makeup look that would complement it better! I LOVE poisonberry so so much and am contemplating on getting serpentina but I'm a bit scared of green!
All the lipsticks smell like vanilla and are so delicious, smooth and extrremely pigmented. Love them all so much! 



So over all, I am so pleased with everything I bought and don't regret a thing! It all came to a grand total of about $500 but I didn't get too much this year from anyone except my sister and my best friend so this is about 90% of what I received this year and I love it all! I'll do reviews on things over time so I can give them a good go before I review them :) 

Love always and happy holidays! 

- b xx