Here's a different sort of post, these are a few products that I've bought and have been pretty unhappy / disappointed with. I'll list all the reasons why!
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - $19.95 (Priceline)
I know there's been a huge hype over this mascara but it is my absolute number 1 HATED product. I just cannot stand this mascara, I'm sorry!
- The brush is all uneven and gross, it's just awful
- Doesn't spread my lashes evenly
- Gives ugly spidery lashes
- No where near as good as Colossal
- In my opinion, definitely not worth the hype at all
Maybelline Dream Terra Sun Bronzing Powder - $15.95 (Priceline)
This bronzer wasn't anything special. On my skin it hardly did anything, but it may be because my skin is medium tanned so it didn't show up on my skin.
- The pigmentation isn't great, it's almost translucent for me
- Hate the packaging, it screeches when you open it and gives me goosebumps :(
- Too expensive for what it is
e.l.f. Zit Zapper - $3 (Kmart)
I guess for the price I can't complain too much, but it didn't work for my spots at all. I have relatively clear skin and I only got my first pimple in over 6 months recently and I'd been dying to get one so I could try this product only to be disappointed :( I did feel the stinging but it didn't really help, so I'll be sticking to my toothpaste method instead.
Nude by Nature Mineral Eye Primer - $15 in a pack (Target)
This came in a little christmas set thing from target, I think it's now unavailable (no loss there anyway). I think the reason I don't like this too much is that i compare it to the Urban Decay Primer Potion (which is the best by the way).
- This 'eye primer' is more like a moisturiser and doesn't really act as a good base
- It doesn't really help to keep your eyeshadow on
- Doesn't make it look more vibrant
- I just always choose the UD one over this, I don't think this works very well for me
L'Oreal Nude Maguique BB Powder in Medium - $26.95 (Priceline)
I bought this at the priceline 40% off sale earlier this year and I didn't get to really test it out before I bought it as it was so super busy at the pitt st store.
- Over priced, it's pretty expensive and it really shouldn't be that much
- The consistency is really smooth but it hardly does anything
- I understand it's only meant to be a BB powder, but it honestly is more like a translucent powder
- It SMELLS AWFUL. It smells like really strong plastic weird smell and I really don't like that
- The medium is way too light to be a medium, as you can see in the swatch it is super pale
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer Duo - $36 on its own, but I got mine here (Myer)
For the price I was just pretty disappointed in this. It was heaps pricey and it wasn't worth it. I'm a huge benefit fan but this wasn't that nice for me.
- It is really dry and just so weird to use
- The colours aren't great
- It's way too thick for me
- I just hate that it's so dry and hard to use
- May use this as a contour instead.
Benefit Sugarbomb + Coralista Lipglosses - $23 on their own, but I got mine in tin packs (Sephora)
These lipglosses are pretty average and I never really find any point in spending a lot on lipglosses unless they are like all organic and super good for your lips because you can find decent ones for like $2
- These aren't anything special
- They smell really strong of something I can't describe, but I can't stand it so I can't ever use them
Essence XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss in 05 Matt Velvet Rose - $4.70 (Priceline)
It may most likely just be the fact that my lips are a darker colour than the average girl but this looks so terrible on me. I just look so stupid and it isn't really matte and is quite streaky and oily. For $4.70 though it may look good on someone else, but just not my thing!
Hope this post was helpful!
- b xx