Thursday 9 January 2014

Lash Out


Lash Out!

Mascara review! The one product I use everyday if I'm leaving the house, these are just a few mascaras i chose to talk about :)






First up, Maybelline's colossal! Out of all the mascaras I've tried, I find this is probably the best all rounder mascara. The two things I want out of using mascara are firstly length and secondly volume. Colossal gives these both so well and for such a good price! This is probably the 5th or 6th one I've bought because I use it pretty much everyday and they usually last at least 6 months which is so good for its price. You can get this from pretty much any chemist, priceline, kmart, target and basically anywhere that sells cosmetics. There's always sales as well which is really good, I think I got this on sale for 50% off so it was about $10 :) I love it because it lengthens your lashes really evenly and not clumpy, and if you do a second application it adds really good volume too! And I always buy the waterproof one because it lasts so much longer and I always end up getting my face wet somehow, so its really good and lasts heaps long without smudging! This is definitely my favourite mascara, I love the thick even brush that applies the product evenly and tapers at the end to reach the little corners. Recommend this 100% :) 




I picked this up at chemist warehouse for about $7 on sale, they didn't have a waterproof version so I'm not sure if they just don't make one or if it was out of stock, but its an alright mascara. It does what its advertised and gives the 'one by one' look but to be honest I would probably only use it for my bottom lashes as its a bit thin. It goes on evenly and would be great for a really natural look, but personally I won't use this a lot as it doesn't make too much of a difference. 



I got this in a benefit set from my mummy for my 18th birthday, and it is amazing!! The best thing I find is the brush, it has bristles all around the small tip to easily get into the little corners of your eye. It really lengthens your lashes sooo much its insane! Comparing it to Colossal, i find it doesn't give as much volume but it gives more length. It's a little pricy but it does actually work quite well but I'm glad I got it as a present so i didn't have to pay that much for a mascara :) It isn't waterproof and since its expensive I only use it on special occasions. But if I had to choose between Colossal and They're real, I would still use Colossal as it suits me quite well. 



I got this on sale (again, maybelline is always on sale which is really good!) at coles for $10 as I've heard a lot of people really like it. But when I tried it i wasn't very happy at all. I think one of the most vital parts of mascara is the brush and this brush hates me. When I opened it, it already looked really old and used as the bristles were all uneven and already looked like it wouldn't do a great job. When I tried it on, it didn't go on evenly and just looked really gross. I haven't picked it up again, I don't really like it so I wouldn't recommend it. 



I bought this a while ago when I was in the Philippines for about $5 and used it for a while before I discovered colossal! Its a nice product, it goes on pretty evenly and gives some good volume. Its a pretty average product but since its like a sister to colossal and you can pretty much always buy it where you can buy mega plush, so i would recommend buying colossal. I find mega plush average, its good, but colossal does a better job :) 


Hope this helped! They're some pretty affordable products, and are available almost everywhere! 

Love always, 

- b xx