Sunday 29 December 2013

Prep & Prime'd




Prep & Prime'd

Before putting on a full face of makeup, I use these 3 amazing primers to ensure my skin is protected and also for longer lasting makeup! 
In order of application: 

1. mac prep + prime skin base visage
2. benefit porefessional pro balm 
3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion





1. mac prep + prime skin base visage - $45 - 30 ml 

This is a little pricey, but is so silky smooth and leaves your skin so soft! It goes on just like a moisturiser and feels so velvety, it also has shimmer to it which i love. It is in a pump bottle, making it really easy to use! First i pump out a few little blobs onto my two cheeks, my forehead, nose, then chin. You only need a tiny bit of product as it spreads really well! Using my (clean and washed) hands, i just use my fingers to massage it onto my whole face, leaving it feeling moisturized and silky soft! Because its by mac it is quite expensive, but it is definitely worth the extra $$ 





2. benefit porefessional pro balm - $53 - 22 ml 

This is one of my most favourite products ever, it is AMAZING. By benefit, it can be used under or over makeup and is a translucent paste like product that does an unbelievably amazing job at drastically minimizing the size of your pores and thus gives a smooth and flawless look! It leaves your skin looking almost airbrushed, and so soft. I apply it mainly on my nose but can be applied anywhere where pores are a problem area. The photo obviously doesnt do it justice, but thats just an example on my sisters hand of the wonderful job it does! Again, a little pricy but I can guarantee you will love it. It is available at benefit stores, or from myer / david jones that stock benefit :) 





3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion - approx $20 - $40 - 11 ml


I got this as a present from my mummy for my 18th birthday, and i absolutely love it! You can buy it online at a lot of places like sephora (US) or an australian site MYQTY (for $34.99) It comes in an easy to squeeze tube with a fine nozzle to ensure you only squeeze out what is necessary, so you dont waste any. Its a translucent, thick but smooth paste, where only a tiny bit of product is needed to apply to the whole eye area. Using my finger i squeeze out a tiny amount, and dab it onto my lid. Using a concealer stippling brush, i blend it onto the whole lid, even the inner and outer corners of my eye and also under the eyes. This primer is so good for long lasting colour, it helps the eyeshadow stick to your eye for so long without fading! Ive used it for long days of full makeup, and my eyeshadow stayed on perfect for a whole day! Definitely recommend this, especially for long lasting wear. 

Hope this helped! 

Love always, 

- b xx