Sunday 19 April 2015

Mercedes - Benz Fashion Week Australia 2015


Mercedes - Benz Fashion Week Australia 2015

MBFW hit Australia last week and I was lucky enough to work backstage dressing the models as well as photographing the shows. The whole experience was insanely exciting, fun and rewarding and I learnt so much, met a tonne of cool people and made some rad friends. 

Here are my thoughts and a few of my favourite photos of the runway that I shot showcasing amazing pieces from a whole bunch of designer's Spring / Summer 2015 collection such as Ellery, Alice McCall, Steven Khalil, Johanna Johnson, Jayson Brunsdon, Lee Mathews and heaps more. 


Lee Mathews 


Bianca Spender


Johanna Johnson


Alice McCall


Haryano Setiadi


Gary Bigeni


Ellery


Jayson Brunsdon


Jayson Brunsdon


Jayson Brunsdon


Johanna Johnson


Bianca Spender


Zhivago


Zhivago


Serpent & The Swan


Steven Khalil



Finale


My favourite pieces would have to be the Steven Khalil spotted dress which was so gentle and elegant, and I loved how flowy the skirt was and in a refreshing pale pink. The Johanna Johnson dresses were all so amazing and had such crazy detailing, my favourite was the sequinned 1920's sort of flapper dress with my favourite capped sleeves and deep neckline. It had a lot of movement at the base which made it so fun and reminded me of broadway (it also weighed probably around 2 kg which was insane).
Another piece by Johanna Johnson that I fell in love with was the sheer dress with a very deep front neckline, mirrored on the back as well. There was just the right amount of sparkle to make it a standout, yet still very elegant - loved this so much!
Alice McCall is probably my favourite designer, her pieces are always so much fun and always draw me into the store. I loved the series of copper, very different to last seasons but still so fun and Alice. 
And finally the Bianca Spender all white piece was another favourite, I'm just loving white and I found this piece very well put together and not too overwhelmingly white. Loved the beaded collar paired with a more casual jacket, a really simple but bold outfit. 

Overall, I had such a great time both working and watching the shows. I learnt a lot and really hope I can do it all again next year! Hope you liked my photos lovelies xx 

Love always, 

- b xx