Saturday 27 September 2014

Maybelline Haul! + review


Maybelline Haul + Review 

Hey y'all! Haven't posted in a while, been caught up with studying for exams, but I have a little break from uni for now so I have a whole bunch of stuff lined up to post!
First off, my Maybelline haul! As you may know, Priceline had 50% off all Maybelline products and right now Chemist Warehouse has 50% off all Maybelline, Revlon, Rimmel + Sally Hanson so get in there and buy stuff!
I wanted to try these all out first before I posted the haul so I could include a review as well, so I've already tested out all of them quite a few times so I could give you all a mini review!

All the prices listed below will be 50% off the original price from Priceline which is no longer available, BUT it still is at Chemist Warehouse!


Face Products

Fit Me Foundation in 220 Natural Beige - $9.48

Really love this foundation! Great colour, not too orange / pink and lasts quite well. I've worn it a few times on nights out and also for a reaaaally long day from 6am to 10pm and it lasted so well paired with the matte maker! Doesn't feel too heavy on your skin, quite liduidy and easy to apply which is great. Definitely recommend :)

Fit Me Concealer in 10 Light - $7.48

Heaps of beauty bloggers love this and so do I. I have it in a lighter shade and use it to brighten under my eyes, does a pretty decent job and Lauren loves it for actual concealing (in your correct shade of course). Still on the hunt for a HG brightening concealer though

Dream Smooth Face Primer - $7.98

Love this! I'm a big fan of silicon primers just because they feel so smooth on my skin and help my foundation glide on and last all day. This one is similar to my elf one (check a review out here) except it doesn't have much in it which is a little disappointing. But still, I do like it and it does what I want it to - smooth my skin out and help my foundation last longer.

Matte Maker Mattifying Powder in 50 Sun Beige - $5.98

I've recently been loving Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in Silky Beige but find its leaves a bit of a white cast since my complexion is quite a few shades darker than their darkest shade. So I was happy to find a similar product that works just as well in a shade that matches my skin :) Love it, keeps me matte and lasts all day long!

Photo of the products opened:



Eye Products

Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara - $9.98

Raved about this heapsssss - my holy grail product of all time - not much to say but that it's my favourite mascara ever: volumises, lengthens, thickens, blackens, falsie-afies :) Just a backup repurchase as usual! Should post a before and after of this, since it changes me completely.

Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe - $5.98

Heard so much about these and thought I definitely have to get one! Love this as a base for eyeshadow, it keeps it lasting nice and long just like my urban decay primer potion. Haven't used this too much, but really like it so far.

Colour Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded - $5.98

The same as the other one but all metalicy and sparkly and I kinda like the colour of this better, I just love the sparkle. This thing does not budge, it lasts for ever which is so great and it is so cheap! So worth it :)

Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Dark Brown - $6.48

So I've been wanting Benefit's Gimme Brow forever but it's pretty expensive so I haven't had the funds to buy it yet. Then Maybelline released this brow gel that does a similar job and I am obsessssed! I use this every day and it helps tint my brows and keep them in place all day long, it's my new favourite brown product and so affordable!

Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Pot Liner in Blackest Black and Charcoal - $8.48

Just started using gel liner since I struggled enough with a liquid pen liner, but just thought I'd give gel a go. I love the consistency of it so much better than liquid, but do find it harder to control especially since I don't have a good brush yet. Really like both of these though, especially the blackest black, they both last forever and are smudge proof which is awesome! Definitely great for beginners to start with.

Expert Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Motion - $7.48

A pretty average quad, the texture of the shadows are decent but not that impressive. I only bought this to try Maybelline's eye shadow since I usually stick to high end eye shadows, but so far I'm not exactly impressed. It is okay for its price but nothing too exciting.


Random Products 


Dark lipsticks are my favourite of course, and this is a super cool colour! It's a super dark plumy brown that is heaps pigmented and smooth and creamy. It lasts decently long but needs a few touch ups, but for the price you really can't complain. This is my first maybelline lipstick and I have to say I prefer Rimmel lipsticks over this, just because their consistency is a little less oily. 


This lasts quite well and doesn't chip as much as regular nail polish but it sure does not last 7 days. I've used it 3 times now and it's lasted about 3 full days without chipping at all but after that it starts to chip like normal nail polish. It is super cheap and has really good pigmentation and overall I am soo happy with it (despite the false advertisement of lasting 7 days) 



So that's everything! Hope you find this helpful and soon I'll post a one brand tutorial of Maybelline my favourite drugstore brand :)
Ps: I'm thinking of maybe starting a youtube channel, so let me know if you think this would be a good / silly idea (just message me on facebook, insta, email etc)

If you've read this far, thank you!! 

Love always, 

- b xx