Tuesday 1 July 2014

Lipstick Love


Lipstick Love!

I love love love lipstick and thought I'd share my little collection. I swatched the ones I love the most, the others I don't really use that often so I didn't include them. But anyway, here is a post on my favourite lipsticks! Hope you love it too xx





Firstly I store all my lipstick in this plastic clear acrylic holder that I bought off ebay for like $4 with free shipping! Unfortunately mine came with a chip in the front but for $4 it didn't bother me too much. It's really nice to display and easily store my lipsticks and it's actually filling up so I'll need to buy a new one soon.



Sportsgirl Pout About It! Lipsticks - $9.95 (Sportsgirl)

- Pretty Please - Perfect deeper pinky nude for everyday 
- Strawberry Fields - Gorgeous Barbie strawberry pink for a bold lip
- Love Bite - Deep raspberry red that would suit a dinner outfit 
- Berrylicious - Deep berry pinky with slight purple for a more out-there look

Definitely one of my favourite lipstick products, even though Sportsgirl isn't even an actual cosmetics brand their lipsticks are such amazing quality and rumour has it that it's because they're made in the same factory as MAC! They are everything you want a lipstick to be: 

- Creamy 
- Opaque 
- Pigmented 
- Long Lasting 

These are the 4 colours I own and I love all of them! 


Mac Lipstick - $36 (MAC / Myer) 

- Russian Red - Deep soft red
- Viva Glam Gaga (LE) - Similar to St. Germain, a really girly light pinky shade 
- Ruby Woo - Matte bright red for bright lips 

Looove my MAC lipsticks, just wish they weren't so pricey :( But they are so ridiculously pigmented and long lasting there isn't much to say. If you feel like splurging, I definitely recommend them! Russian Red is my favourite red lipstick for my stage makeup hands down!




107 is definitely my favourite deep red lippy that I always seem to grab over my MAC ones just because they are a lot cheaper, but on its own this is such a nice colour that I feel suits me and is quite good quality! 19 is similar to my pretty please by Sportsgirl, but darker. Love this too, great for dinners to darken my lips and give them a darker natural look!


Essence Long Lasting Lipstick - $4.10 (Priceline / Target)

- Wear Berries - Gentle purple lightish berry colour
- On The Catwalk - Burnt sort of reddish colour

The cheapest lipstick that is actually surprisingly quite good quality! They are creamy, not too pigmented but swipe over like 2 / 3 coats and you'll be fine! Need to get more of these :)

David Jones Beauty Moisture Cream  Lipstick in French Rose - $14.95 (David Jones)

I found the DJ's brand walking around the store and it looked quite decent so I picked up a lipstick and I LOVE it. I'm yet to test the wear of it and how long it lasts, but so far I am loving the colour pay off! It's a deep musky pink that actually is darker than it seems but I love dark lipsticks on me and this is the colour I have been looking for. I really wanted MAC's craving but it is so darn expensive here, and I found this and it is pretty much an exact dupe! SO I AM HEAPS HAPPY YAY


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - $12.95 (Target)

- San Paulo - Deep nudey pink
- Monte Carlo - Deep red

Last but not least, these lip creams are soo pigmented and soft I love them. Especially for a matte product, they are incredibly soft and don't dry out your lips. They last pretty well for a liquidy product as well, (if you're wondering I usually test the wear by going out to dinner and see how it copes with me eating like a grub) and if it lasts even after I've eaten half a cow then it gets the thumbs up from me! Anyway san paulo is a bold nude pink that I like wearing for dinner, and monte carlo is just such a nice red that I also like for dinner.

*Note: The swatches for these on the nyx website and other ones that use the nyx swatches are TERRIBLE. They aren't a true colour match at all, this is a better swatch that shows their true colour.




Hope you liked my lipstick post! I'll be posting way more this mid sem break, so follow me for updates on all the products I buy!

Love always,

- b xx