Easy Matte Natural Makeup Look Using Only 10 Products!
My first little tutorial on how to get a natural matte look using only a few products :)
Hope you guys like it!
The 10 products that will be used:
1. e.l.f Studio Mineral Face Primer in Clear - $12 (Kmart)
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 57 Bronze - $32 (Priceline)
3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 10 Light - $14.95 (Priceline)
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - USD $20 (Sephora)
5. Urban Decay A Few Of My Favorite Things Palette - (Sephora)
6. Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set - $4.50 (Priceline)
7. Models Prefer Brow Fixer Clear Gel Mascara - $9.99 (Priceline)
8. Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder - $11.95 (Priceline)
9. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Glam Black - $19.95 (Priceline)
10. Sportsgirl Pout About It Lipstick in Pretty Please - $9.95 (Sportsgirl)
1. Apply a pea sized pump of the primer on your face using the tips of your fingers, starting from the centre and working outwards. This primer is so silky smooth and makes your makeup glide on really well and last for a long time.
2. Pump once onto the back of your hand and using a foundation brush, buff in the foundation all over the skin. I use a Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush but any brush you prefer will do!
3. Using the concealer wand, dab a few dots under your eyes to brighten them and eliminate any bags. I also use this to subtly highlight the bridge of my nose. You can blend this out with your fingers easily, or a concealer blender brush will also do the job.
4. Squeeze out a pin size of the eyeshadow primer and blend onto eye lids, this primer keeps your eyeshadow on forever without fading or creasing. It helps bring out the pigmentation and provides a base for your eyeshadow to stick to.
5. The Too Faced Palette includes eyeshadows, blush and bronzer but unfortunately it was a limited edition and isn't sold anymore! I did find it on amazon however, its quite pricey (approx $193) but it is such good quality and you do get a lot of products it is definitely worth it!
Base: Using a large shader brush (I used Models Prefer Large Shader from Priceline) take the shade 'cream coloured ponies' a matte creamy white colour and place it all over the lower half of the lid.
Crease: Taking a blending brush (Sigma E25 Blending Brush) sweep the shade 'chocolate milk' through the crease to darken it and give some depth, focusing more on the outer corner.
Outer Corner: With the same brush, dab 'woolen mittens' on the outer corner and blend inwards.
Under Eye: Use a small amount of 'chocolate milk' and line under your eye using the blending brush for a smoked out look.
Inner Corner: You can use a small shader brush but I just use my pinky finger for an inner corner highlight using 'cream coloured ponies' and gently blend it inwards.
Lid: Darken the lid with 'woolen mittens' on a tapered blending brush (Sigma E40 Tapered Blending) and gently blend onto lid. Also take 'chocolate milk' onto the smaller blending brush onto the lid.
Outer corner: Lastly, use a minuscule amount of 'dark chocolate' to darken and give depth to the eye on the outer corner and blend inwards
6. Using a small angled nutrimetics brush, take the darker shade of the eyebrown powders and line the brows to create the desired shape. I then use a slightly larger and thicker angled flat Bobbi Brown brush that isn't as crisp and use this to blend in the lighter ashy brown shade.
7. To set the brows, take the brown gel and carefully comb through brows to fix and set brows into place.
8. Set under your eyes so that they don't crease or become oily using the Face of Australia translucent setting powder with a small fluffy brush (I use the real techniques setting brush)
9. Mascara! My absolute favourite is the Maybelline Colossal, it works best for me but you can use whichever mascara suits you. This mascara is really volumizing and lengthening and doesn't go clumpy if you apply it well. Apply about 2 layers onto your top and bottom lashes
10. Using the 'melt into spring' blush from the too faced palette and a blush brush (e.l.f blush brush) apply the blush onto the apples of your cheeks and drag upwards along the cheek bone.
11. From the too faced palette, take a bronzer brush (fake face tapered face brush) to apply 'chocolate soleil' bronzer onto the hollows of your cheeks to create a slight contour. Also take a small amount on the sides of your nose.
12. Again taking the Face of Australia Translucent Loose Powder, use a large fluffy face brush (e.l.f. kabuki face brush) to set all over your face.
13. I love the sportsgirl lipsticks, they're so smooth and creamy and very pigmented. For this look you can use any nudey pink shade and I think this one works really well.
Hope you liked it, follow if you did!
- b xx